[Homeroast] Not sure how to go about roasting now - Behmor close to death

Jamie Dolan jamiedolan at gmail.com
Tue Aug 6 11:05:07 CDT 2013

> Not quite knowing what you mean by this, a piece of info.  The Behmor
> actually can roast slower in hot weather compared to cold.  It sounds
> anti-intuitive, but true - I can explain why if you care.  If you are just
> meaning warm enough for you comfort....never mind :)

It's in the 70's here lately.  At what point do the warmer ambient
temperatures start to affect the roasting time?

I would assume that it ends up being related to the temperature
sensors thinking it is too hot when the ambient temperature is higher
and it adjusts accordingly, turning down the burners?

Sorry I wasn't more clear, I mentioned in another message; I have
asthma and the smoke from roasting inside has gotten to be too much
for me; thus my dad had been roasting most of this year for me.  I'm
fine if I can roast outside; though in Wisconsin, over half the year
is too cold to use the behmor outside (errors out in the cold, though
sometimes it's worked okay in the cold if I bring it out and start it
immediately).

Jamie