[Homeroast] Not sure how to go about roasting now - Behmor close to death

Jamie Dolan jamiedolan at gmail.com
Tue Aug 6 09:55:06 CDT 2013

> It's impossible for one element to burn out in a Behmor - they are in
> series so it's all or nothing.

This is interesting to know.  I'm not sure how the diagnosis was made
of one element being out, my dad had the machine, said one of them was
out, contacted behmor and got the replacement.

> And in about 90% of these cases, a good cleaning and a change of the
> thermistor usually brings it back.

I have not looked at it personally since my dad replaced the burners,
but he said he cleaned every surface of it inside and out; which for
him typically would mean he polished every last surface till it
shines.

Perhaps we need to change the thermistor(s).  I would guess we need to
order those from Behmor?

> If you want to drop me a line off list, I'd be happy to troubleshoot with
> you.  I repair these for Behmor.

Thank You very much.  I need to run over to my parents house and have
a look at it for myself and see that it is totally clean; but from
what my dad told me I was confident that he cleaned it well.

Sounds like the thermistor replacement might be the next option.

Thank You;

Jamie