[Homeroast] Not sure how to go about roasting now - Behmor close to death

John Nanci john at chocolatealchemy.com
Mon Aug 5 15:38:42 CDT 2013

Two fast things.

It's impossible for one element to burn out in a Behmor - they are in
series so it's all or nothing.

Next, how is your cleaning?  In the inside shiny or dark.  If the
later, that is your issue as the dark absorbs heat more and makes the
roaster think it is hotter than it is, so cycles your elements.

And in about 90% of these cases, a good cleaning and a change of the
thermistor usually brings it back.

If you want to drop me a line off list, I'd be happy to troubleshoot
with you.  I repair these for Behmor.

John