[Homeroast] Keurig

Brian Kamnetz bkamnetz at gmail.com
Mon Aug 5 13:47:21 CDT 2013

Mike,

Your coffee routine is very similar to my morning routine. I use a 6-tasse
moka pot, so I use 24g coffee and 380g of water, a ratio that seems quite
close to yours. I bring the coffee to work in a Nissan/Thermos Backpacker
(Tom's tests clearly showed this one does the best job of retaining heat,
iirc), so while the coffee is brewing I heat some tap water on the stove to
warm the Backpacker up. I make a simple breakfast at the same time, so it
feels to me like my time is efficiently used, and the bit of extra time is
more than compensated for by having good coffee. I have a small
double-walled glass coffee cup at work and every now and then I have a
splash of coffee with a bit of banana bread, or bit of bagel, etc.

Brian