[Homeroast] Keurig

Paul Goelz pgoelz at comcast.net
Mon Aug 5 09:00:57 CDT 2013

At 09:21 AM 8/5/2013, you wrote:
>Those machines are evil. They make tremendous amounts of pollution,
>make bad coffee, and rip off consumers so smartly they don't even realize it.
>
>I did attempt the "load your own bean" pod and couldn't get it to
>make a decent cup in any way shape or form.
>
>//Rant off

Interesting confirmation.  Every time I run across a Keurig demo in a
store I try it.  And every time I end up dumping the coffee.  I am
pretty tolerant too.  But no matter what kind I try (and I have tried
some pods that claimed lighter / mellower roasts), it tastes
AWFUL.  Bitter, too strong, acidic, YUK.

Good to note that the load your own pods don't make good coffee either.

We have been using a Mr. Coffee "Optimal Brew" for about a month and
it is the first coffee maker that has actually made a noticeable (and
positive) difference in the cup.  It advertises hotter and faster
brewing and it accomplishes that.

Paul

Paul Goelz
Rochester Hills, MI USA