[Homeroast] Keurig

Michael Baladi mike at baladi.ws
Mon Aug 5 08:21:53 CDT 2013

//Rant on
Does this machine drive anyone else as nuts as it drives me?

Spent a week with family that had one, and every morning they'd make 8-12 pods worth of coffee. Commenting all the while on how "good" it tasted, while loading it up with artificial sweetners and flavors.

I kind of tracked how many pods they used and then at the end of the week kind of commented that they'd spent $50 on coffee, for 1 week. No one seemed to think that was a big deal.

Those machines are evil. They make tremendous amounts of pollution, make bad coffee, and rip off consumers so smartly they don't even realize it.

I did attempt the "load your own bean" pod and couldn't get it to make a decent cup in any way shape or form.

//Rant off

Have a good one.