[Homeroast] Rocky Burrs

Larry Dorman ldorman at gmail.com
Sun Apr 21 00:23:27 CDT 2013

No, I didn't have any problems withe screws at all.  I even bought extra
screws because Espresso Parts indicated they were soft and that a lot of
people destroy them taking them off.  I have professional grade
screwdrivers and lots of knowledge using them, so I had that going for me.
:)   (Tangent..  if you ever need screwdrivers, diagonal cutters, etc. then
seriously consider Klein tools.  They're made for electricians and they're
incredibly hard to beat.)

Following my last post, I went ahead and challenged my belief that I had
the zero point set properly.  I set the index to zero as-is and then
removed the hopper, turned it counter-clockwise a third of a turn and put
it back in place.  This left the index at 30.  I then turned on the grinder
and very slowly started heading towards zero...  I was rather surprised to
make it all the way to 21 before the burrs started lightly rubbing!  So...
it would seem that I hadn't set zero as well as I had thought.  I set it on
23 and did a shot and it very nearly choked the machine.  I suspect that 25
will be my new ideal index for espresso.  Live and learn, I suppose...
Thanks for your response!

LarryD