[Homeroast] Rocky Burrs

Larry Dorman ldorman at gmail.com
Sat Apr 20 23:02:32 CDT 2013

So... Friday the new burrs for my Rocky came in from Espresso Parts.  Yay!

Since that time, I can't get a good shot to save my life.  Boo!

I'm using the same espresso machine (Quickmill Andreja Premium), tamper,
process, etc. that I've been using for a little over a year.  I'm also
using the same batch of beans that I've had zero problems with prior to
changing the burrs.

I've tried grinder finer (all the way to what I have set as zero) and
coarser (up to 5).  I've tried tamping lighter and harder.  I've tried
filling the basket (a double) more and less full.

I'm stumped.  This is good ol' fashioned Monkey Blend which I have tons of
experience.

I've taken my Rocky apart before for thorough cleanings, so I'm familiar
with how to set zero.

Any ideas?  I just took the brass carrier out, did another cleaning, and
reset to zero just in case I had a brain fart Friday.

Thanks for any thoughts...

LarryD