[Homeroast] Making coffee in a 40 cup coffee maker

Phil Palmintere phil.palmintere at gmail.com
Fri Apr 5 08:19:29 CDT 2013

Hi everyone,

I normally just make coffee for my own consumption in a Clever Coffee Dripper or in a Yama vac pot.  We're having a large event this weekend at our house and my wife (not a coffee drinker but I love her anyway) borrowed a 40 cup coffee maker from someone for the event.

The attendees are not coffee people - that is, they probably use Folgers in a Mr. Coffee or maybe an old percolator at home -- if their doctors let them drink coffee at all (a senior crowd).

I'm not set up to make coffee in the vac pot & transfer it to the 40 cup to keep it warm.  Does anyone have any advice on making decaf coffee in this thing?  When making a large batch of water does the ratio of coffee to water change?  Any thoughts?

Thanks
Phil