[Homeroast] further info on helping me choose an iRoast2 replacement

Demian Ebert coffehound at gmail.com
Wed Sep 26 23:41:49 CDT 2012

I don't know about those other roasters, but the Hottop, even w/o a probe
techincally 'in the beans' does a pretty darn good job of repeatable
roasts. I run the same program on Monkey Blend week after week and the
results are amazingly stable. I'm usually stopping the roast manually at
about 15+/- seconds into second crack, so there's some variation.
Regardless. the temperature progression through the roast is pretty
consistent (althoug I'll admit to not actually collecting the data).

Regardless, if you move from an air roaster to a drum roaster the flavor
profile of your blend will likely shift too. You may find yourself tweaking
the blend and/or the profile to get the flavors you want.

I wouldn't send anyone to Dunk'in. That'd be just plain ol' wrong.

Demian
Portland, OR