[Homeroast] OT: Re: Mailing List hacks

Martin Maney maney at two14.net
Tue Sep 11 20:37:34 CDT 2012

On Thu, Sep 06, 2012 at 09:12:56PM -0700, Ira wrote:
> I believe you're wrong. The email addresses I have that I've never
> responded to spam with tend not to get spam.

I never said you had to reply from a valuable email address...

It was just a neat thought experiment, though it could actually happen
if the big email providers and ISPs could be convinced to generate
suitably sincere fake replies to some percentage of the spam.  Think of
it as a DOS targeting the spammers instead of everyone else for a
change.  Or don't.

--
If nature has made any one thing less susceptible than all others of
it to himself; but the moment it is divulged, it forces itself into