[Homeroast] scorched coffee

Steve Scigliano sciggy at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 11 19:16:02 CDT 2012

I have been using GC for almost 5 years and have also settled on setting
single temperature. I set my for 465 and get 1C around 15-16 min depending
on the bean size. Never had scorched beans. I have had to replace the fan,
but even then the temperature did not rise much as there was too little air
flow to carry the heat from the heater into the drum. I have seen very small
beans sometimes get lodged in the exit vents and carry over from roast to
roast if I forget to check carefully, perhaps something like that is
happening to you.

Good luck

Steve