[Homeroast] Fwd: scorched coffee

Jeffrey Kelly jeffrey-kelly at att.net
Sun Sep 9 18:13:43 CDT 2012

I almost always set to 473-476 with a pre- heat or back to back roast.  I reach 1C In the 9-11 minute range, this is usually real close to when the air in the drum has just reached 473.  Basically, I am heating full- on from start of roast to 1C.  I dial back the temp about 30 seconds into the crack.

I've dabbled in some profiles with ramps and isothermal holds but usually run a basic heat full throttle and then back off at the top...tastes better to me.

-JD Kelly

Begin forwarded message: