[Homeroast] scorched coffee

p&k pnkk3 at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 9 16:37:26 CDT 2012

James & Jeffrey,
Thanks for the input. I've been worried that dropping it 435 for about 19 minutes might be too low and I would end up with a grassy roast. When you set it for 435 when is 1st crack?
I've been using this machine for about 5-6 years and its only every so often this happens. I just recently started paying attention to which coffees do this. I have 2 chaff collectors and clean 1 while I use the other swapping them out about every 2 months. I noticed a great deal of chaff, I'll have to check the sweeper.
thanks for the help