[Homeroast] OT: Compass Coffee Striders Step Out - Walk to Stop Diabetes

miKe mcKoffee mckona at comcast.net
Thu Sep 6 23:30:52 CDT 2012

First thanks Michael, Kirk and Steve for you replies of encourage.

Second, interestingly that post was the first one in about a year that went
through without a delay. Don't know if they (SM) got their mailing list
challenges fixed or if it's was my HP doing his thing. Either way works for
me!

Steve, thanks for sharing your story. Thanks for the input but don't need to
pay Nutrisystems to do what I can and have done on my own. In no small part
thanks to my Diabetesforums highly active participation. You must have
missed in my original post that in a scant over a month my latest 7 day
average numbers were already well in the "safe zone". And now already as of
today five weeks and two days since getting my meter and first after meal
check of sky high 430, when fear struck home big time and I went into attack
mode to to get control of this disease, ALL my BG averages past 30 days in
the safe zone. (all BG checks not just before meal checks and after meal
checks - I check 7 to 8 times per day).

FWIW I'm not the typical "sterotyped" Type 2 diabetic, ie not grossly over
weight when diagnosed. While a year ago I was a good 40-50lb or so over
weight around 215lb one of the symptoms of my untreated before diagnosed
diabeties was unexplained weight loss. At DX July 25 in the ER ~187, at the
Dr Office follow-up July 31 182lb, a week later 175lb. As blood sugar came
down and began to stalize weight began to stablize. THEN I started power
walking 30min plus everyday! Not for weight loss but for both BG control and
COPD (total breathing shutdown why I was in the ER that night). Day before
yesterday and again this morning weighed in at 171.8 easily the lowest I've
been in 30 years. I will become concerned when I get down to 165 max 160lb.

I'll quit boring you...!

Slave to the Bean miKe mcKoffee
www.CompassCoffeeRoasting.com
http://www.mckoffee.com/