[Homeroast] OT: Compass Coffee Striders Step Out - Walk to Stop Diabetes

Steven Van Dyke coffee at svandyke.com
Thu Sep 6 11:13:08 CDT 2012

Mike,

When I was diagnosed in July 2009 my fasting level was 380.  You
could tell the Nurse Practiconer was worrying I'd be dead before I
got out the door.
We did NutriSystem's diabetic plan.  Lost 50 lbs in six months and
had my levels way down within a week.  They had started me on
3xMetformin 500 + insulin.
Had to drop the lunchtime Metformin within a month or so.
When I did my six month follow up they called me back in because they
couldn't believe my new numbers.
Second check confirmed the improvements.
Then I got Obamaed out of my job.  Since I had sufficient severance
and things already laid out we decided I'd take a few months off.
Interestingly, about six weeks later I couldn't keep my suger levels
up and they had me start dropping things.
I got off the insulin (after having been told that *never* happens)
and then the Metformin.  So I was *right* that that place was poisoning me.
After I got my new job (retail - selling guns at Cabelas) I couldn't
keep my rigid feeding schedule and wound back up on one Metformin a day.

So you *can* make things much better, you just have to get used to
some contraints.  If your numbers aren't dropping like you'd like try
the NutriSystem Diabetic plan.  It not only teaches you
proper eating habits for a diabetic, the carefully controlled food
*will* get your numbers under control.

Good luck!

Steve :->