[Homeroast] Broken Behmor -- if so to speak

Martin Maney maney at two14.net
Wed Oct 24 22:05:06 CDT 2012

On Wed, Oct 24, 2012 at 07:54:00PM -0700, Jeff Hayden wrote:

> Close friend -- I got him started roasting a few years back -- now
> having problems with his beloved Behmor.  Starts fine.  Part way
> through the cycle, it powers off.  No error message -- just all power
> fails.  It's not under warranty.
>
> Any ideas where the problem might lie?  Worth repairing -- have
> parts, he'd repair it -- albeit a year or two beyond the warranty?

Might be loss of the DC to the control panel (or the microcontroller
that runs it if that's separate).  Not sure why it would come back
after (am I reading too much into the above?) power cycling the
machine, though.  Overheating?  Would expect a cooling off period
if that were it.

Not sure if the regulator would be on the control board or the relay
board.  Got spares?

--
There's one way to find out if a man is honest: ask him;
if he says yes, you know he's crooked.  -- Twain