[Homeroast] Planning on a 2nd roaster...

miKe mcKoffee mckona at comcast.net
Thu Nov 8 19:06:20 CST 2012

I pd $12,500 in '07 inc. automated profile controller so up about $3000. I
had purchased mine just before the end of '07 price increase. And of course
increases since then.

AND Deidrich's under powered for their stated batch size IMO. No way in
Hades can you roast 3k on their 3k with any profile other than balls to the
wall in 18min roast or so. Their real batch size is more like 5lb for their
3k. I routinely roast ~7lb greens to yield 6lb post roast WITH controlled
profile. (3k of course equals 6.6lb so I'm routinely roasting above USRC
stated capacity. ;) Caveat about fastest roast possible that load 13min -
which is definitely on the fast side drum roasting. My fastest production
roasts more like 14 with a good start of 1st to end of roast stretch. Oh,
and I LOVE my 0-100% variable fan control! (0-100% variable flame nice too.)

Slave to the Bean miKe mcKoffee
www.CompassCoffeeRoasting.com
http://www.mckoffee.com/