[Homeroast] espresso maker

Kris McN krismcn at gmail.com
Thu May 31 17:36:31 CDT 2012

Stephen,

Moka pot vs. espresso machine is kinda comparing apples and oranges isn't
it (or WP and DP, maybe)?  I love my moka pot, but it makes a different cup
from my espresso machine using the same bean.  Same thing could be said of
my aeropress, or drip vs. french press vs. CCD vs. vac pot.  I don't
consider one to be a replacement for the others and I'd hate to think I'd
have to pick just one - they all have their place in my house!

And I don't think you'll find anyone here clutching their pearls over you
using C+ roasted beans for espresso.  We salute you!  I (and many list
members, I'm sure) always start with a C-C+ roast when I get a new bean and
then go from there until I find the roast level I prefer, which varies from
variety to variety, year to year, and lot to lot, really.  I usually end up
in the C+ to FC+ range, but I'll never know until I try. :)

-Kris McN