[Homeroast] espresso maker

Colin Wen colinwen at gmail.com
Tue May 29 18:20:39 CDT 2012

I am not a Italian (Taiwanese instead).
But I thought the espresso machine has been invented way back to 1884.
And the manual lever espresso machine has shown up at early 1990 (by
Bezzera first then sold to La Pavoni, wikipedia).

I am not a expert of stovetop/moka or whatever people call it.
But in my experience the flavor from the moka is never close to espresso.

Even the cheap home appliance - Sunbeam EM6910 can pour good espresso close
to commercial one (my opinion).
I will say the coffee taste is very from filter, dripping, siphon, moka and
espresso machine.
But I will never say the moka is a espresso maker.

However, probably I am a Taiwanese and did not know what Italian call their
espresso.
Since they invent this word "espresso", they have the right to give it
definition, not me at least.

Hope John will get lovely espresso machine does not matter with one.

Cheers
Colin