[Homeroast] espresso maker

Sandy Andina sandraandina at mac.com
Tue May 29 18:07:52 CDT 2012

I'm definitely with you on the lighter roasts for espresso.  With most "Italian" or "espresso" roast levels (as defined by those who ought to know better), I tend to taste more carbon than coffee. You're not bucking "modern coffee society," just "modern wannabe coffee society." Good on ya.
On May 25, 2012, at 12:12 PM, Stephen Sadler wrote:

> To further buck modern coffee society: I roast my espresso to city plus. I
> get a concentration of all the flavors the coffee has to offer at that
> roast; the same chocolate, fruit, nut, spice tones - but deeper. It's less
> bitter, more - to my palate - balanced, with a little sweetness to it. I
> lose the nuances with 'espresso' roast.

Peace & Song,
Sandy Andina
www.sandyandina.com