[Homeroast] Ethiopian DPs

miKe mcKoffee mckona at comcast.net
Fri May 25 18:54:40 CDT 2012

Speaking of DPs though not Ethiopia but Ethiopia Heirloom cultivar Geisha
grown in Panama, last week cupped a Best of Panama auction sample DP Geisha
from Mama Cata that blew my mind. Best I can describe is a cross between
that stellar crystalline '07 IMV and a top tier washed Geisha. Like fresh
strawberries on lemon zest pound cake with wonderful balance, medium body
and mouth feel and a touch of jasmine, bergamot and honeysuckle in the
finish. I WANTED that Lot bad! And bid an insane (for me) $60/LB before
dropping out. That Lot "only" went for $80.25/LB, top BoP Lot went for over
$93.

There are indeed some extremely good natural processed coffees coming in and
not just from Ethiopia. And some of them are Outrageously expensive! I too
am waiting on a DP Yirg' to come in, but it's not at those ridiculous
auction prices :)

Slave to the Bean miKe mcKoffee
www.CompassCoffeeRoasting.com
http://www.mckoffee.com/