[Homeroast] Fwd: distilled water

Jeffrey Kelly jeffrey-kelly at att.net
Wed May 16 20:28:36 CDT 2012

To add my 2C, distilled or ion exchanged water will have a much different ionic profile with changes in the concentration of both metal cations and anions like chloride and carbonate.  This can flatten the taste as has been mentioned.  Another factor might be a change in pH as a result of the treatment.  This may alter the extraction profile as well.  For those that treat their water, it might be interesting to check pH before and after.

-Jeff

Begin forwarded message: