[Homeroast] distilled water

j3r j at j3r.org
Wed May 16 16:38:14 CDT 2012

On 12-05-16 05:26 PM, Phil Palmintere wrote:
> As previously noted, deionized water and to a lesser extent RO water
> (reverse osmosis) are very aggressive -- they can eat through soft metals
> such as copper and soft stones as well.
>
> I don't know about the La Marzocco, but if it has copper tubing inside this
> can be a problem in the long run.  If it uses stainless steel, it would be
> fine.  Ditto for your ice maker.

Pure Dihydrogen Monoxide is in fact a quite dangerous substance and will
eat through almost anything given enough time. I suggest everyone
educate themselves and learn how to protect yourself www.dhmo.org/facts.html

I am wondering if you can point me to any info on the solvent properties
of tap water vs. distilled water? I can't find anything yet.

Jeremy