[Homeroast] distilled water

Phil Palmintere phil.palmintere at gmail.com
Wed May 16 16:26:57 CDT 2012

As previously noted, deionized water and to a lesser extent RO water
(reverse osmosis) are very aggressive -- they can eat through soft metals
such as copper and soft stones as well.

I don't know about the La Marzocco, but if it has copper tubing inside this
can be a problem in the long run.  If it uses stainless steel, it would be
fine.  Ditto for your ice maker.