[Homeroast] distilled water

Mike Chester mchet at charter.net
Wed May 16 16:09:44 CDT 2012

Before entering my La Marzocco GS-3, my water goes through several steps. I
have a well so chlorine is not an issue, but iron and other minerals are in
the raw well water. When it leaves the pressure tank, it first goes through
an iron filter. This removes the iron and iron containing compounds, such as
iron sulfide. It then goes through a water softener. This feeds the sinks,
showers, toilets, etc. Some of it then goes through a 5 stage reverse
osmosis filter and this is plumbed to the LM, my ice maker and drinking
water chiller. This water has a clean crisp flavor that does not taste
bland. My espresso and other coffee drinks (I make them all using the LM)
are better than any coffee house I have been to, though I have not been to
Compass Coffee yet.
When I have city water while out, it tastes like pool water to me due to the
chlorine.

Mike