[Homeroast] distilled water

Byron - Sweet Maria's Coffee byronsweetmarias at gmail.com
Wed May 16 15:36:32 CDT 2012

On a semi-related note, this is a good opportunity to bring up the fact
that using distilled water in some espresso machines will lead to bad
results as well. Certain machines send an electrical current through the
water in the tank to be sure that the boiler is always submerged in water.
Distilled water is too pure for the machine to sense the current and will
confuse the sensor into thinking there's no water touching the boiler.