[Homeroast] distilled water

Greg Gearheart olawai at gmail.com
Wed May 16 13:17:31 CDT 2012

Yes, it is counter-intuitive.  I think the subtle distinction I would make
is that distilled water is ideal for extracting.  What results is not
necessarily tasty.  In my realm (environmental engineering and regulatory
stuff), distilled water has the ability to dissolve a lot more of a metal
than regular, hard water does.  Taking this analogy to your brewing process
(whatever it may be), the distilled water will end up with a bunch of stuff
you probably don't want to drink (or like to taste).