[Homeroast] distilled water

Greg Gearheart olawai at gmail.com
Wed May 16 12:46:56 CDT 2012

Distilled water is quite a good solvent and "hungry" for anything it can
dissolve and has the tendency to dissolve a lot more stuff than plain old
"tap water."  This combined with the points made by others that humans
prefer a little taste to their water would suggest to me that distilled
water is not ideal for extracting good coffee flavor.