[Homeroast] Vac-Pot Temp

John Borella jvborella at gmail.com
Fri Mar 23 15:19:29 CDT 2012

You can buy the stainless screen from Northwest Glass for around $6 & it
fits right into the Yama/Hario paper filter holder. I got one in recently &
tried it for 3 days before switching back to my cloth filters. The screen
does improve drawdown times but it also lets sediment/fines pass through
into the lower globe. This gave the brew a bitterness that I never get with
the cloth filters. I played with different grind settings but wasn't
interested in wasting a lot of time & coffee over the screen. With the
cloth filters I get a sweet, clean pot every time & I don't mind cleaning
them as I keep 4 in use so I only have to give them an Oxyclean Free bath
every 4 days. Once clean I store mine dry & have had no issues with smell
or taste in over 3 years of using this method.

John B.