[Homeroast] Fwd: Vac-Pot Temp

Doug Hoople doughoople at gmail.com
Thu Mar 22 18:51:08 CDT 2012

If you buy one of the two Yamas (the most likely choice), it will come with
the cloth filter anyway, so you can get started right away.

The cloth filter is easier on newbies, and so might not be a bad way to go
for the early pots.  And the taint that I complain about is pretty faint,
so good pots can most definitely be had using the cloth filter.

The disadvantage with going straight into the glass rod is that you might
experience the dreaded delays or even stalls, and many potential vacpot
devotees have given up on the method rather than work through the issue.

But you might also not experience any delays at all.  Longtime glass-rod
vacpot users (decades, and thousands upon thousands of successful brews)
have NEVER experienced a delay or a stall.  They universally brew
lighter-roast coffees, and if you're in that category, then you can start
with the glass rod absolutely worry-free.

Whichever way you go, let us know. And enjoy!
Doug