[Homeroast] Church coffee

Brian Kamnetz bkamnetz at gmail.com
Tue Mar 20 11:32:36 CDT 2012

Jim,

I'm wondering if it may not help to define your efforts more accurately.

Rather than someone who knows everything about brewing coffee (coffee
expert), you may be more a person who is good at seeking ways to brew
coffee in a particular, desired way, using a trial-and-error approach
(coffee aficionado). In the latter definition, your first effort was a
great success, in that you now have a much better understanding of the
direction you need to go to reach your goal.

One other thing you might consider is to have a series of small steps
toward your goal, rather than establishing just one humungus goal and
trying to achieve that. For example, start with giving them what they
want (a big tub of Floggers to sip on while they stand around and
shoot the breeze), with a limited option of something that you
personally prefer (tasty coffee).

Just a thought....

Brian