[Homeroast] Vac-Pot Temp

John M. Howison johnmhowison at gmail.com
Sun Mar 18 14:40:54 CDT 2012

IMHO, my Vac-pot with a glass rod rather than cloth brews coffee as
good as it gets.  One of my kibitzers opines that during the minute
that the water on the grounds is bubbling it exceeds 212 degrees, with
heated air and water rising under pressure.  Said kibitzer compares
the situation to that of liquid in a pressure cooker, where
temperatures exceed 212.  I disagree, because water at 212 degrees
does not produce great coffee in a French Press or an Aeropress.  I
allow for the possibility that toward the end of the "fill" very hot
water may be arriving, but does not necessarily raise the whole potful
to 212.   Scientists please comment.

--
Contra muros, mater rubicolla