[Homeroast] Tips for Cona Rod + Yama Vacuum Pot

John Stewart johns_webmail at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 2 13:30:37 CST 2012

I use a cona rod in a yama vacuum pot.  It stalled on me once when I was learning - but not since.  I sometimes use my mazzer major for the grind - set more coarse - about 1/2 turn of the adjusting collar from my normal espresso setting.

I sometimes use a cheap burr grinder set fairly course between drip and press pot.  When I use a more coarse grind I watch the temperature in the top more closely to make sure it gets fairly high - 180 to 190.

John