[Homeroast] Ethiopia

Gregg Talton gregg.talton at gmail.com
Sat Mar 3 07:02:34 CST 2012

Lynne, I'll post a link to the photos on Photobucket after they are
uploaded. Ethiopia is an incredibly beautiful country.

Martin, I'm mostly a pour-over guy too.  I normally pull a few shots on the
weekend but primarily use a Chemex.

On Sat, Mar 3, 2012 at 12:06 AM, Martin Maney <maney at two14.net> wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 27, 2012 at 09:56:25PM -0500, Gregg Talton wrote:
> > Phil, they didn't allow it to rest for the coffee ceremony.  But, I don't
> > know when they roasted the coffee served with our meals.
> >
> > On Mon, Feb 27, 2012 at 8:47 PM, Phil Palmintere
> > <phil.palmintere at gmail.com>wrote:
> >
> > > So... they don't traditionally let their coffee "rest"?
>
> With so much sugar added, would it make much difference anyway?  :-)
>
> But I'll mention that, although I've learned to appreciate giving the
> coffee its due rest (though I seem to still be learning about how much
> that due can be), I've also always been prone to having some of my
> homeroast unrested.  Sometimes it's from lack of advance planning -
> oops, didn't have a roasting tuit a few dyas ago, now I have to roast
> in order to brew - but increasingly it's because there is, often,
> something attractive in a really fresh cup.  On a few occasions I've
> found that at least some respects the unrested cup was better than any
> later one - usually by being imbalanced in favor of something I
> favored.
>
> FWIW, I'm all about pourover, or more exactly full immersion in the
> CCD, though I had already fallen into a slow & steady application of
> the hot water with the olde melitta one-cup dripper several decades
> ago.  I doubt it's practical to pull a shot of such fresh coffee, still
> full of gas and blooming so tall.  :-)
>
> --
> The most common implementation of SMTP is contained in sendmail.
> This program is included free in most UNIX software distributions,
> but you get less than you pay for.  -- Cheswick, Bellovin & Rubin

They say such nice things about people at their funerals that it makes me
sad to realize that I'm going to miss mine by just a few days. - Garrison
Keillor