[Homeroast] Chaff fire in Quest M3

Jeff Bensen jbensen-0007 at xemaps.com
Sat Mar 3 01:50:23 CST 2012

I also roast 4-5 batches back-to-back and have been cleaning the
chaff collector on my Quest after every roast using a small shop vac
dedicated to that purpose. It literally takes about two seconds to
vacuum the inside area and the mesh strainer. I do this mainly to
keep the airflow consistent from batch to batch, but it may also help
reduce the risk of a chaff fire.

-- Jeff B.