[Homeroast] Ethiopia

Martin Maney maney at two14.net
Fri Mar 2 23:06:04 CST 2012

On Mon, Feb 27, 2012 at 09:56:25PM -0500, Gregg Talton wrote:
> Phil, they didn't allow it to rest for the coffee ceremony.  But, I don't
> know when they roasted the coffee served with our meals.
>
> On Mon, Feb 27, 2012 at 8:47 PM, Phil Palmintere
> <phil.palmintere at gmail.com>wrote:
>
> > So... they don't traditionally let their coffee "rest"?

With so much sugar added, would it make much difference anyway?  :-)

But I'll mention that, although I've learned to appreciate giving the
coffee its due rest (though I seem to still be learning about how much
that due can be), I've also always been prone to having some of my
homeroast unrested.  Sometimes it's from lack of advance planning -
oops, didn't have a roasting tuit a few dyas ago, now I have to roast
in order to brew - but increasingly it's because there is, often,
something attractive in a really fresh cup.  On a few occasions I've
found that at least some respects the unrested cup was better than any
later one - usually by being imbalanced in favor of something I
favored.

FWIW, I'm all about pourover, or more exactly full immersion in the
CCD, though I had already fallen into a slow & steady application of
the hot water with the olde melitta one-cup dripper several decades
ago.  I doubt it's practical to pull a shot of such fresh coffee, still
full of gas and blooming so tall.  :-)

--
The most common implementation of SMTP is contained in sendmail.
This program is included free in most UNIX software distributions,