[Homeroast] Tips for Cona Rod + Yama Vacuum Pot

Phil Palmintere phil.palmintere at gmail.com
Fri Mar 2 12:17:20 CST 2012

Hi everyone,

I can sure use some tips/techniques on using the Cona glass rod with the
Yama vacuum pot.  A Cona rod arrived with my order of greens this week, and
I tried the rod for the first time this morning.

I set my coffee grinder to very coarse in an attempt to not have it stall.

My first attempt didn't work.  It stalled pretty early on.  Stirring didn't
work.  Ultimately, I put it back on the burner to equalize pressure enough
so I could get the glass rod loose.  What a mess.

I recall it takes the proper technique to use the rod with the vac pot.  Are
any of you having success?  Can you share your tips?

Thanks
Phil