[Homeroast] As I get holder I appreciate the research shown here

Sandy Andina sandraandina at mac.com
Sat Jun 30 18:43:45 CDT 2012

Me too. If my doctor here in the nursing/orthopedic rehab facility hadn't left orders in my chart for me to get regular coffee instead of decaf, this article would have done it.  Most of my fellow patients here are much older: for stroke rehab, broken legs & hips from falls, cognitive decline, some in hospice. Conventional wisdom is that decaf is good for the elderly, so the kitchen makes vats & vats of it for everyone and one pot of regular for themselves and the 2 or 3 patients who MUST, not just "can," have caffeine. (2-3 cups a day is easier on the heart than using an inhaler every time I do physical therapy; and I can't have the meds that'd cut through a caffeine w/d headache, since I'm already on a couple of Norco 2 for my surgical pain; Tylenol is so toxic that most docs would rather prescribe a Norco 2 than a Tylenol 2 because Norco only has 325 mg. of Tylenol; and with my blood thinners to prevent post-surgical clots, aspirin & NSAIDs would cause bleeding).  In physical therapy after knee replacement, muscle growth is the name of the game. Bottoms up!