[Homeroast] Re : Sour espresso taste

Jim Gundlach pecanjim at bellsouth.net
Thu Jun 21 10:55:05 CDT 2012

On Jun 19, 2012, at 5:22 PM, Bryan, Compass Coffee wrote:

> Can crema be a visual aid to whether your parameters were in check?
> Sure.  Should you judge a shot based on how much crema it has or
> what color the crema is without tasting it?  Nope.

This is well said.  Sometimes very little crema is offered by a very
good shot.  But, I really doubt that any espresso system that never
produces crema when given a variety of good freshly roasted beans that
are ground and tamped so they take about  thirty seconds to draw a
shot is worth buying or keeping.

   pecan jim

    I might also add that since my brain infection I am not very good
at writing or saying what I intend to.  My wife thinks that when I
asked to bring my chain saw with me when I went to the hospital I was
misnaming my laptop computer.  I am no longer that far off but I still
do have a great deal of difficulty writing in such a way that I get my
thoughts across.