[Homeroast] Re : Sour espresso taste

denis bordeleau bomerlo at yahoo.ca
Mon Jun 18 14:11:03 CDT 2012

Hello Mike.     You are still looking for a good espresso shot but without success.  This is normal.     You enjoy the taste of two days since roasted single origin Brazil beans made from an Aeropress.   What is the torrefaction degree?  I told you about the fact that a paper filter can keep the oil from the cup and some coffee drinkers like it that way.   I made a research on Google by typing:  -aeropress paper filters- and got on the Aerobie Aeropress (tm) FAQ site and the metallic taste was the first subject. You should try a french press or any non espresso non paper filter method to be sure that you can enjoy a coffee with the oily elements still in.    About the crema, since we are most of us homeroasters, we are also home blenders and I found it difficult myself to get nice crema with a single origin materia.  Most of the time we have to roast the beans we put in our espresso blends one by one to be sure that each of it will get
 the best of itself and we may add some robusta, plus other secret tricks...        It is very hard to resolve the equation of a good coffee without  unvoluntarily adding another variable.    At least, you should have another taster to be sure you are not the only one to have this metallic taste like we see in some common  curable medical conditions .      So, find another guinea pig besides your own gustatory receptors.  Check a brew without paper filter.    Keep it simple and you'll have good stew without the PID.         Denis