[Homeroast] Sour expresso taste

Michael espressoperson at gmail.com
Wed Jun 13 16:24:37 CDT 2012

The comments below seem fine except for one quibble.

> Try a smaller yield, 30g is quite a bit of yield for a 14g dose.

I aim for that ratio (around 50%) with my regular shots. That's about an ounce of liquid although perhaps more volume when you have a good head of crema. Any higher ratio (less weight of espresso output to weight of grinds) would be heading away from a normale towards a ristretto. Let's save that for the advanced class :-).