[Homeroast] Sour espresso taste

Michael Mccandless mcsparky6670 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 11 19:07:53 CDT 2012

Just went through something similar - but the flow was slow.
Adjusting the grind changed the shot time, but deviated quite a ways from
the norm.
The fix was a disassembly - descaling.
The test that told the story was the empty portafilter test.
Lots of differing numbers floating around out there:
*35-55 ml of water in 6 seconds.    *
*450 to 500 ml/minute *
*90/120 ml (3-4 fl oz) per 10 seconds*
*Try it - should give an idea if you're in the ballpark or need descaling.*
*
*
*Mike Mc*