[Homeroast] Sour espresso taste

Andrew Fresh andrew at afresh1.com
Sat Jun 9 23:27:59 CDT 2012

On Fri, Jun 01, 2012 at 11:36:55PM -0700, Mike Wilkens wrote:
> I've ground fine enough that 2 drops of coffee come through, but if I get coffee it's extremely sour tasting.

How long does it take to get ~2oz into the cup?  If it is way less than
30 seconds then that would point to channeling or too coarse a grind.

What is your tamping procedure? Does your tamp fit your PF well and how
much pressure are you using for tamping?

l8rZ,
--
andrew - http://afresh1.com

The 3 great virtues of a programmer: Laziness, Impatience, and Hubris.
                      --Larry Wall