[Homeroast] Re : Sour espresso taste

Bryan, Compass Coffee bryan at compasscoffeeroasting.com
Thu Jun 7 00:32:48 CDT 2012

To be honest, if you have light crema and the shots are going from dark to blonde nearly instantaneously, I don't think you have a machine problem, it sounds to me like you have a beans problem.  How old are they?  Both too fresh and too stale will do the things you've described.  How are you storing them?

What's your dose weight vs your yield weight and how long is it taking to get there?

Before you go off tearing apart all of your equipment and replacing half of it let's get a little more info.

-bry