[Homeroast] Re : Sour espresso taste

denis bordeleau bomerlo at yahoo.ca
Wed Jun 6 15:51:08 CDT 2012

Hi Mike,      Thanks for the come back.  We all appreciate.    The test with the AeroPress might be  unconclusive at 50% because of the paper filter that retains the coffee oily elements. Also, try a manual or other grinder if you have one. Put Instant Minute Rice in the Mazzer Mini with the old burrs inside  and try again an alternate brewing method without paper filter.  Unscrew the brewgroup filter and gasket of both the Baby and Classic Gaggia and compare them. May be "Brand New" meant an open box or a demo.  Use citric acid and vinegar at that moment.  Check the brew group filter holes and clean with the small provided needle tool if necessary.  Be sure you use the double cup Portafilter size and that this filter is not clogged due to your  too fine grindings and too heavy Weiss technic tampering in the past that caused channelling and it will confirm that your problems and effort to resolve them are not fixing the original
 problems but only the symptoms that are now showing.  We don't all die because we are born; that's probably due to something in between or vice-versa.  Keep on and you will enjoy the cup you deserve.      Denis