[Homeroast] Sweet Maria's Coffee Alert

Sandy Andina sandraandina at mac.com
Wed Jul 4 19:32:36 CDT 2012

For me, it's usually a cup or two of drip and the equivalent of a double ristretto or triple cappuccino a day. But since getting my knee replaced, I had only decaf for the three days I was in-hospital and had to fight for my right to coffee in the rehab center: on two occasions the nurses poured me a cup from their supply until the kitchen finally made me a cup a day of the real stuff at breakfast, plus whatever my visitors could bring me from Starbucks.  First thing I do when I get home tomorrow is fire up my machine (after cranking the A/C) and pull myself an iced skim latte.  (It's 102 here right now, forecasting 104 tomorrow. That's air temp, not heat index). Meanwhile, I'm settling for a smuggled-in chocolate truffle and the nice cold Polarcare cuff swaddling my knee.  Tomorrow, one more session each of P.T. & O.T., zip up my bags, and I'm outta here.