[Homeroast] What's in your cup?

Andy Thomas adt0611 at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 31 15:49:32 CST 2012

I had forgotten that Anokhi Liberica was also from India. I would buy that one again too, if SM finds one that is up to Tom's standard. I brewed the Poabs in a Chemex with Hario filter.
Today's coffee is Kenya Kirinyaga Kiunyu Peaberry. I bought it when I bought the sampler, but this one was not in the sampler. Roasted to the cusp of 2nd crack, 13:02. The first thing that hit me was intense rich fruitiness, what Tom describes as blackberry syrup. Some Kenyas are too bright for my taste, but this one is a winner. Also brewed Chemex/Hario.