[Homeroast] What's in your cup?

Andy Thomas adt0611 at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 30 21:40:46 CST 2012

Has anyone else tried India Poabs Organic Seethargundu Estate? It was a pleasant surprise for me. I buy India coffee only occasionally, because although they are usually okay (at least the ones SM offers -- the only ones I know about) they don't stand out for me. But this one made me take notice. I got it in a sampler pack. I roasted this last night in a split-wired Poppery -- 12 minutes 27 seconds and quite a ways into 2nd crack, per Tom's suggestion to roast a bit on the dark side. It is wonderfully fragrant and complex. I thought it must be dry-processed, but it doesn't look it. So, I went to the review at SW. Sure enough it is wet-processed, but Tom compares it to dry-processed as well.

Anyway, I'm glad I sprang for the sampler -- as I do from time to time -- because this is a sleeper that I would have missed.

Andy