[Homeroast] San Salvador coffee shops

sci scizen at gmail.com
Wed Jan 25 19:50:04 CST 2012

Thanks Tom! Viva Espresso was the last thing I expected in a third world
country. They are nice shops, world class, better than most here in US. I
know what you mean about the Nescafe. I have been to several coffee
producing countries for extended stays, only to find among hundreds of
coffee farms, that many people there drink Nescafe (e.g., Tanzania, Mexico,
Uganda). And I'm marking this down on my calender as a day to remember: I
somehow beat Tom to something in the wonderful world of coffee. Ha! Not
only is it a first, but also a last most likely. Also, I was surprised to
find that Viva Espresso would even make your coffee in a Clever Coffee
Dripper if you wished. I chose a Chemex and it was superbly executed. They
have 4 safe locations in San Salvador. Hope you enjoy!

Ivan